Pimp up your pasta with a quick and easy pesto sauce. So easy to make this basil pesto is creamy, tangy and lipsmackingly delicious. An Italian classic that tastes fab smothered on crispy toasted ciabatta or stirred through freshly cooked pasta strips.
- 1 clove garlic
- Large handful fresh basil leaves
- 50g pine nuts
- 50g Parmesan
- 3 tablespoons Extra Virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and black pepper
1) Put the basil, garlic and pine nuts into a bowl and whizz very quickly with a hand blender.
2) Add the olive oil and Parmesan and stir together. Season with salt and pepper to taste then serve!
If you have leftovers, you can store your pesto in a tight-closing jam jar and it should last for about a month.